Room 10 2016

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Cry Of The Taniwha. by Des Hunt. my book review

In the village of Ohinemutu, in a hotel room, sat Jack Boult getting ready for the night he had planned. While everyone in the hotel was out on a hill to watch an astonishing event Jack had crept away to get ready. But ready for what? Well Jack was a cat burglar and in other words a thief. He just stole something very valuble from Mary and Edward Basham and ran away to Taupo so the person known as Jack Boult would cease to exist. Some time later Matt Logan dug up a skeleton with Jackson Peters by a mud pool in Rotorua. Is it one of the Bashams? Will the gang Jackson is going to join get involved? You will have to read this book to find out.

I liked the discovering of the skeleton and the descriptive language like 'the empty eye sockets were scary enough.' At the start of the book it grabbed my attention because Jack Boult snuck away and it made me think what is he going to do?

I wish the author had given a better description of Matt and Jackson because I didn't have a good picture in my head. One thing I would ask the author is why are you not making a movie of it because it has good drama, mystery and much more.

I think it is recommended for children aged 10 and up because it has difficult words in it.

By: Vanessa.

No comments:

Post a Comment