Room 10 2016

Thursday 24 March 2016

The News

Yesterday was granddads last breath.'' I overheard on the phone. I ran up to nana wondering who it was. She told me the disappointing news. My heart overflows with sorrow then my eyes start with heavy tears. ''But how he had a couple of weeks not 2 days!'' I yelled as i stormed off to my room in confusion. 

I started thinking about grandad and how he used to come over and have BBQs with us and we used to sit there and watch discovery channel all day.

Nana shouted out to me saying it's time to go to school. As nana drove me to school she exclaimed that the family is have a small get together without the kids.Then I started not talking to her at all.

I jumped out of the car before nana could say bye.

Finally I arrived home from mind numbing school. Dad had his coat on like he was going somewhere. He told me as he pushed me to the car door that it's a surprise. 

Finally we arrived to the place. It was all dark and mysterious . My heart was pounding like a hammer hitting a wall.  Then I saw a coffin. I took a brave step forwards. Then I saw grandad lying there lifeless. I reached my hand out carefully and touched his cold, cold hands. I reminded myself he was gone. I made a puddle on his clothes filled with tears.I gave him one last hug then backed away slowly.

When we arrived home mum showed me a special marble.She put it in my hands and told me to remember him. I said to grandad through the marble, '' see you in heaven grandad.''

Ella Leith.


No comments:

Post a Comment