Room 10 2016

Friday 2 August 2013

My holiday hunting trip

It was the end of the first week of the holidays, and Dad, Jayden, Dads mate Jay and I were preparing the dogs, and ourselves for a hunt. Jayden and I collared up the dogs , and put them in the dog boxes, I grabbed the hunting permits and off we went in the truck, Jayden and Jay lead the way on the motorbikes. "Have we got the knives?" Dad asked.
"I think so," I replied. So we pulled over to check.Yep. We arrived at the gate of the Motu hunting block. The gate was locked(no surprise) so Jayden and I slid his little two wheeler under it and Jay drove around it. Well, he tried but the entry was a bit steep. So Dad jumped on the front to weigh down the bike and that worked. As we drove, the dogs ran in front of the bike trying to sniff out a pig. Then we turned the bike off. I took Dads lazy, old main dog, chief, down to the pond for a drink cause he was exhausted. Jayden's dog,  Jaws and Dad's dog, Thunder were off. We heard the squeal of a pig, well more of a grunt."Sounds like a monster!" Jay said.Dad said that Jay seems a bit retarded, but don't get me wrong that pig sounded BIG. We took off, Dad and Jay in front. I felt a rush of adrenalin down my spine. Yes, Pig On!

No comments:

Post a Comment